Friday, June 20, 2014

Release

Well y'all. It's Friday. We've made it through another week. And may I share with you that it's not just any other Friday? On this particular day, I get to celebrate my life. The life given to me by my earthly parents and my Heavenly Father. 

But that's not what this post is about. Today, as with most Fridays, I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for her Five Minute Friday writing challenge. If you don't typically read her, may I suggest you head on over there now? Go ahead, I'll wait...

Today, the prompt is Release...

Most days I write - words that are my story, that are true and genuine and only mine to write and share. 

Most days I read - words that inspire, words that cut deep to the soul of my being.

Most days I do a litany of other tasks as well; laundry, dishes, prepare meals, kiss boo-boos, give hugs {my favorite!}, tell stories, say prayers. 

All of these things, and more, define who I am. Who I am to my children, others, and most importantly, my God. They shape and mold me.

Some days, I wonder who I'm doing all of this for. Who am I writing for? Who receives the benefit of my reading? I know why I do the laundry and dishes and meal prep; because no one else will do it.

But why do I invest the time to kiss boo-boos? Why do I take the time to say prayers that are thoughtful and genuine? 

Why do I share the stories that shaped me?

These are things I do that are released into the atmosphere. These things are less for my benefit, and more for the benefit of others to come; others that may come along after me. 

On this day, I am releasing the expectation that people will read what I write; that people will like what I write; that I may have an impact on someone else.

Today, I'm releasing the desires to share the big stuff. Instead, I'm remembering that it's a bunch of little stuff that makes up the big stuff. 

And it's the whole lot of little stuff that matters. 

Today, I'm releasing these words, and the words to come...I'm releasing them into the world to do what they are meant to do. And it's not my call or decision what their meaning is. 

That's up to the Creator. 

So, ultimately, I'm releasing my words to Him. For Him. Because of Him. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Michelle. Great post and one I needed to hear today, that I'm writing for God. Keep writing every word He puts on your heart. Glad to find you today- FMF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement Abby. And for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete