Friday, April 18, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Glue

Whew! We made it through another week! I don't know about you, but I'm praising God for that. Today is Friday, and I link up with Lisa Jo Baker for her Five Minute Friday challenge - five solid minutes of writing on a one word prompt - no second guessing, no grammar concerns - just write.

Today's prompt is glue. GO

Merriam-Webster defines glue as, "any of various strong adhesive substances; something that binds together." As I think about the glue in my life...what strong adhesive substances I'm surrounded by, what something(s) that bind me together, my first thought on this Good Friday takes me to my Savior.

John 1:1-2 tells us, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning." Jesus was there. Just as He is here now.

Glue - something that binds together. Oh, like something that binds me together? You mean like on the days when I just don't want to see one more crumpled up sock? You mean like on the days when I can't muster up the strength to put one more smile on my face for the sake of my children?

Or on the days when my world has been shaken to it's core and I know that in order to be the glue that my children need on this earth, I have to keep it together. Yes, those days are the days I'm scratching and clawing my way to the cross. To get what Jesus has for me...the rest He promises for the weary and burdened...the peace He offers, not in the way the world gives or offers...the amazing grace He gives...the hope that is found in His name.

Jesus...

2 comments:

  1. i like your mention of 'scratching and clawing' sometimes one has to do that...to wrestle for the blessing, the joy...with tenacity to finally hear Him...to keep knocking and receive the answer...sounds like your week was a mini marathon...i'm hoping this Easter weekend you can refresh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but yes and Amen ... something that binds together !

    ReplyDelete